The following are some tips to help you find a volunteering opportunity that is right for you.
- Research issues that are important to you-look for organizations that address these issues
- Consider the skills you have to offer to others
- Consider your schedule and location when searching for opportunities
- Don’t over-commit your schedule
- Look for opportunities that will help you achieve personal and professional goals you have set for yourself
- Search for opportunities that will be fun for you
- Be prepared for a potential interview. Some non-profits need to make sure that volunteers are the right people for the opportunity so it’s a good experience for everyone
- Consider volunteering as a family, or with co-workers and friends
Ready to get started?
SEARCH VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES