DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE POLICY STATEMENT UNITED WAY OF BERKS COUNTY
It is the policy of United Way of Berks County to maintain a safe, healthy, and productive work environment for all employees. Substance abuse involving alcohol, illegal drugs, prescription drugs or any other substance can
impair an employee's ability to perform his/her job duties in a safe and productive manner. It is United Way of Berks County's policy to maintain a drug-free workplace as demonstrated by the following statements:
- Unlawfully manufacturing, distributing, dispensing, possessing, and using any alcohol, drugs, narcotics, or other controlled substance on United Way property or while on-duty (whether on or off property) is strictly prohibited.
- Any employee violating this prohibition will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination. Specific actions to be taken for violation of the prohibition are attached.
- Any employee convicted of any criminal drug statute violation occurring on United Way property or while on-duty must notify United Way of such conviction no later than five (5) days after the conviction. Such conviction will result in appropriate disciplinary action, up to and including termination. If termination does not occur, the employee will be required to participate in a drug abuse assistance program or rehabilitation program approved for such purpose by federal, state, or local health, law enforcement, or other appropriate agency.
- As a sub grantee of federal financial assistance, United Way will notify the grantor(s) of federal financial assistance of any conviction pertinent to this policy within ten (10) days of such conviction or as requiredby law.
- United Way recognizes an employee?s right to confidentiality and privacy with regard to alcohol and /or drug related problems. As such, United Way will keep records pertaining to alcohol and/or drug use confidential. Matters of a confidential matter may only be shared among those people authorized to access such records or as otherwise directed in writing by the employee.
- United Way will make available information on alcohol and other drug addictions and abuse, including, counseling, and rehabilitation assistance available. United Way of Berks County Drug-Free Workplace Policy will be reviewed each year with all employees and is part of the orientation program for all new employees.
- It is a condition of employment with the United Way of Berks County that each employee abide by the requirements of this policy.
- Each United Way of Berks County employee will be given a copy of this policy and certify to its receipt.
I certify that I have received a copy of the Drug-Free Workplace Policy Statement and understand that compliance with the policy requirements is a condition of my employment at United Way of Berks County.